Point of a vision—the future
If you are a leader take note.
- Visions of the future form the foundation to sustained achievement, alignment and effective execution.
- Visions are: 1) vivid, 2) positive and inspiring, 3) realistically high, 4) focused and clear, and 5) they are your picture of the future.
- Visions are constantly communicated and embedded into the very fabric of a vibrant organization.
What is your vision? Do you have one?Is your vision written, communicated often? If not, why not?
Best vision quotes ever. These drive home the point of a vision.
1. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
2. “Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, and magic and power in it. Begin it now.” – Goethe
3. “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
4. “It’s not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, what are we busy about?” – Henry David Thoreau
5. “You don’t lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.” – Ken Kesey
6. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.” – Carl Jung
7. “The empires of the future are empires of the mind.” – Winston Churchill
8. “If you want to build a ship, don’t herd people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
9. “Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.” – Jonathan Swift
10. “Management has a lot to do with answers. Leadership is a function of questions. And the first question for a leader always is: ‘Who do we intend to be?’ Not ‘What are we going to do?’ but ‘Who do we intend to be?’ – Max DePree
11. “Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.” – Japanese Proverb
12. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Alan Kay
13.”Where there is no vision the people perish.” – Proverbs 29:18
14. “Vision without execution is hallucination.” – Thomas Edison
15. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren Bennis
16. “If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.” – Robert Fritz
17. “Create your future from your future, not your past.” – Werner Erhard
18. “To the person who does not know where he wants to go there is no favorable wind.” – Seneca
19. “You’ve got to think about big things while you’re doing small things, so that all the small things go in the right direction.” – Alvin Toffler
20. “To accomplish great things we must dream as well as act.: – Anatole France
Do you believe visions are necessary to execute effectively to achieve goals?
Why? Why not?
What would you say is the point of a vision?
Helping Leaders Breakthrough
“Dominate your life with Focus, Decision and Execution.”